diy knot

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fireworks and Fish

I can't believe I haven't posted since July.  I don't even want to pretend like I'm writing this from the date when it actually all happened..which would be approximately 4 months ago (almost to the day).  Oh well..here we go! 

Clay and I traveled to Illinois for the 4th of July this year.  Let me just say: I LOVE the 4th of July.  It's probably just behind Christmas in the list of favorite holidays.  I love America, and I love fireworks.  It's just so fun and so many people and the epitomy of summer and summer celebrations!  We took the whole week off and spent it mostly in Dunlap with a day trip up to Chicago.  I'm going to keep the words on this entry brief but enjoy the pictures and commentary below!

Fireworks downtown in Peoria!


We all piled into the family van for our trip up to Chicago! 


A view of Chi-town.


Waiting in line for tickets to the Aquarium!  We didn't really have to stand in line in a single row, but I found it amusing.  Mom asked if she should get tickets ahead of time but I told her I didnt think it would be a big deal to walk in and get them at the door.  Little did we know...


Clay and me at the 3D show inside the aquarium!


Check out those moves!


..with Mom and Dad outside the aquarium :)

..with Mom in front of Buckingham Fountain :)


Clay's artsy picture of the Bean.


..at Navy Pier..


..another view from Navy Pier..goodbye Chicago!


And finally, a video of Clay's favorite family activity:

We had a great time visiting!  It's so fun to get to be a part of things just for a few days.  Even though we don't get to go very often, I'm so thankful we have a family to look forward to seeing.   Our next visit will be for Thanksgiving so our July trip had to last us for a while. 

The only downside of being gone so long?  Coming home to dead herbs...



No comments:

Post a Comment