diy knot

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kitchen Renovation Part 2

My sister Kari has been patiently awaiting pictures of our updated ktichen - and I am finally posting them!!!  We are thrilled with the progress that has been made and are excited for October when we hope to have it all complete!

You can see that we didn't paint the inside of the cabinets.  I'm not regretting it so far but it would look super clean and fresh if even the insides were painted.  We got kind of used to operating in the kitchen without any doors:

We found this rug at TJ Maxx and it couldn't be better colors for our kitchen!  As we finish the kitchen, I'm planning on incorporating more of the mustard yellow color!  Right now I pretty much only have kitchen towels with the yellow color so I was so happy to find a rug that had turquoise and yellow:

We get a little bummed out that our appliances don't coordinate with our new kitchen, but we probably won't be replacing them right away.  Also, I think I found a ceiling fan at Lowe's that will work well in here; it's flush mounted and a little smaller than this one:

We're still very pleased with our countertops!  You can see that somehow one cabinet door got a little off schedule compared to the other ones:

And finally, what we refer to as our new cabinets!  Crazy to think about the closet that used to be here..  Clay was able to find the same hardware for these doors as the others.  Also, we are planning on putting beadboard over the side of the cabinets and two open shelves on this wall:

That's our updated kitchen!  Feel free to say nice things..I don't think we're ready to hear critcism yet :)!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Pictures! I think it looks great and I can't wait to see it in person. :0)

    ReplyDelete