diy knot

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mums and Things

We have landscaping that I'm not embarassed of anymore!!! 

Patty and Stu came for a quick visit this past weekend.  We were hoping they were going to be able to come and help us with a few things before the baby came, and they pulled through!  I have to say, I was rather exhausted going into the weekend.  Clay came down with a nasty flu bug of some kind and was completely wiped out for almost 3 days.  I didn't think motherhood was starting for a few more weeks (gosh..can it be that close already?!?!), but I feel like I have been officially inducted into motherhood now. 

In all seriousness, the Lord has a way of reminding me that things are not about me.  As my belly grows and my body gets tired, I still have a responsibilty to serve my husband..our little family of two (and a half).  Although I have no desire to go through that flu bug again, I am thankful for the Lord's reminder that even this time in my life is not about me. 

So back to Patty and Stu - it was nice to have some extra help as Clay finished recovering.  Not only did the house get disinfected, but our landscaping got planted!  Here are some pictures:



You'll notice I am not in the pictures..I am really good at delegating and managing.

If only I could remember what all the plants are called!  Also, about a month ago, we had a friend from church come help take the big tree bushes out.  We really like how open the front of our house is now!

Here is a picture of when we bought the house:


And here is a (kind of dark) picture of our house now with our new landscaping:


We're still not sure what we're going to do with the random front walkway...  Aside from the yard, Patty also helped get some things in the nursery settled!  We are now confident that the baby's things will not be covered in dust after sitting in the dresser :).

Thanks for the visit!  We are so appreciative of your time and energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment