diy knot

Sunday, October 13, 2013

10 Months!

Ten months!  We are closing in on the one year mark!  My heart is so full because of the blessing in this little boy!


His new tricks: clapping and standing (each on their own and simultaneaously).  Climbing the stairs.  Crawling intside the cabinets.  Baths in the big tub.  Successfully going up and over the one step landing.  We even get some waving from time to time.  And..sleeping through the night again! 

His little body just wants to go and go and explore so much.  He can crawl at a rather rapid pace when he wants to..and turns it into somewhat of a game for us to chase after him.  He's in a stage right now where he laughs at everything (I know..what an awful stage to be in).  I'll have my eye on him, and then he darts down the hallway.  I ask him where he is, and I hear laughing and the clomp clomp of his crawl suddently speeds up..  He also thinks its funny everytime he successfully craws up and over the landing into Dad's office.  Clay taught him how to crawl down the one step off the landing without face planting, and he has it mastered.



As I mentioned, he is sleeping through the night again from time to time.  Levi has been a great sleeper for us from about 3 or 4 months old but a couple months ago, he started getting up at least once a night - sometimes for up to 2 or 3 hours.  Those were long nights with a little boy who just wanted to sit on mom's lap and play.  But, as with all phases, it has passed and now even if he does get up, its a quick feeding and he's back to sleep.


We take a trip to the library every week or two and get Levi new books to look at.  He loves for us to read to him, but generally favors the same book over and over; we just don't know which book it will be for that week.  Its been fun being able to take advantage of a decent library not too far away, and I've gotten into the habit of reading more for myself.  My selections recently have been a parenting book (Don't Make Me Count to Three by Ginger Plowman - highly recommended!!), a biography of sorts (The Duck Commander Family by Willie and Korie Robertson), and a feminist take on more women of my generation choosing to stay home (Homeward Bound by Emily Matchar).  Quite the variety I know, but I've enjoyed all three of those for vastly different reasons.


I couldn't ask for a better buddy to have with me throughout the day.  We have our rough spots but they are far outweighed by the very bright spots.  Right now I'm enjoying him getting a little older as each month brings more interaction and new "tricks."  We were a bit shocked when he started standing on his own so I guess we'll see what his next trick will be!

1 comment:

  1. Don't let him pull down that mobile we worked so hard on! Have you cut off the knotted threads yet?

    ReplyDelete