diy knot

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rainwashed

Our walls have been Rainwashed!  Last weekend was spent painting, painting, and more painting!  At least painting is one of those things where you see immediate results..like vacuuming.  We went out on a whim and within a day finalized the color that would consume most of our wall space. 


Originally I had been planning on doing a shade of turquoise in the kitchen..but then my sister told me this blogger's house reminded her of me, and I (flattered!) decided instantly that we would do the same color this particular blogger had: Rainwashed.  So here you have it--rainwashed walls! 


The color is (obviously) Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams; however, we wanted to stick with Benjamin Moore so we took the paint chip to Benjamin Moore and had them match it! 


We also wanted a neutral color to use in our entry way so while in the store, Clay spotted a perfect shade: Revere Pewter.  It is a grayish color with tan hues.  We love the way it turned out with the Rainwashed!  I think I would prefer if it had a bit more tan to it, but depending on the lighting the gray or tan comes out more (pictures make it look more tan, in real like it looks more gray). 


If anyone is curious (which I doubt you are but it makes me feel more interesting), we used Regal Select paint in Eggshell from Benjamin Moore for all our wall paint and are very pleased with the quality and coverage!

3 comments:

  1. I really like it! And I want to come see it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like the color. Are you and Clay both happy with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came across the Rainwashed paint color in Better Homes & Gardens magazine and thought I would do more research on it. Your pics here have pretty much helped me to decide that I want to paint some rooms with it. Also, I ADORE those little windows on each side of your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete