diy knot

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blueberry Festival

Behold, the Blueberry Festival:

Are you as astonished as we were?!  I had seen an ad for a Blueberry Festival this weekend and eventually talked Clay into letting us go!  This is the excitement and non-stop activity we were met with. 

I personally have this long-time affection for fruit festivals.  One summer, I made it a goal to attend as many as I could..I still have great memories of the Elmwood Strawberry Festival filled with Elvis impersonators, strawberry shortcake, friends, and stuffing myself with fresh strawberries.  I'm afraid this Blueberry Fest won't quite go down in the books of having the same caliber, but we made the most of it!

Clay was more interested in taking pictures and eating the bluberries than actually picking: 
(note me in the background actually working)

 We all wore blue in honor of attending the Blueberry Festival:



Levi inspecting my work:

We ended up picking about 4 1/2 pounds of bluberries!  We found out that basically the Blueberry Festival just means the blueberries are on sale for $1.99 per pound..and blueberry smoothies are available for purchase.

My boys :) 


1 comment:

  1. It was good getting to say hi to you while Kari was talking to you and Levi yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete