diy knot

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Bride'sMaid Dress that Can Be Worn Again...

So, just wanted to give a little shout out to one of my best friends...Emily! for picking out a bridesmaid dress that can in fact be worn again after the wedding!!!

Side note: I intentionally spelled Bride'sMaid the way I did in the title because I wanted to.  I'm still not sure what the correct spelling is but that's how I wanted it in the title..

Clay and I had a fancy-schmancy dinner to go to for work--the Recognition Dinner.  It's basically a dinner where awards are given out to representatives for accomplishments over the past year.  Working in the life insurance industry you learn that people like parties.  The dinner was nice and it's fun for us to be able to get dressed up and not have to pay for anything, but some of these parties are just a tad overdone..that's beside the point though..but for example, this dinner had an after-party attached to it where a local band was hired that does wedding receptions to provide music for dancing and just staying around..like a grown-up prom of sorts I guess.

Anyway, back to my point.  Clay has it easy when it comes time for these dress-up events but I have a bit of a harder time.  But......I had a fabulous bridesmaid dress from a wedding in October that was just waiting to be worn again!  Woohoo!! 

Emily and all her bridesmaids wearing super cute dresses (they're a halter with a wide open back):

Clay and me at the Recognition Dinner:

Just added a cardigan and a belt to give me a waist-line and I was good to go!  The dinner was enjoyable, and Clay and I got a shout-out for getting married during the past year.  It's always fun for me when Clay gets to mix in with my work-life a bit.  I like that my co-workers know who he is and enjoy talking to him when he's at stuff :)

Finally, here are two of my co-workers with me--Candice and Karen:
Praying these girls come to know Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment