diy knot

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Deck the Halls...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!  Let me just get that out here.  I love it.  I love the memories.  I love carols.  I love white twinkle lights.  I love the family get-togethers.  I love the joy that people let themselves experience for the short season.  I love celebrating our Savior.  I love it all.  And this year I got to spend it with my husband...who doesn't love it all as much.. :)

But..he's been a good sport, and I think he honestly enjoys it more now than he did before the Christmas season started.  We don't have a lot of room to put up Christmas decorations, nor a lot of people to share them with out here, but we were definitely going to have a tree and stockings.  I may or may not have received a lot of slack for insisting that I wanted THIS overpriced tree from Pottery Barn, but I am absolutely positive that it will be able to be used as a decoration later when we are in a house and can have a full size tree:
I "surprised" Clay with these monogrammed stockings for us.  Actually they just had to get delivered when he was home and I wasn't, and I received a text asking what they were for..like we could give away stockings that have our name on them...  Anyway, they are a soft velvet and plenty large to hold Christmas morning treats :).  Someday maybe we will get the matching tree skirt..

Here are a couple pics of Clay nailing into the brick wall to hang our stockings..no fireplace in this loft..and then me being very pleased with them :)


Christmas music has been on constantly and we are enjoying being with each other and figuring out our own traditions..and looking forward to ones we will enjoy with a family of our own someday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment