diy knot

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easter Basket Weekend

For Easter weekend we headed down to Delaware!  In the Spring when everywhere seems to be getting warmer and New York just seems to be hovering in the not-quite-warm-yet, we always welcome a trip just a few hours south :).  And this year it meant getting to see a couple of Clay's cousins from California!!

Friday afternoon we headed down and spent some family time hanging around.  I think some people played cards but I just remember falling asleep on the couch (Friday evenings are not quite what they used to be for me..).  Saturday was a beautiful day: the guys played golf and us girls got to spend the day walking around the shops on the boardwalk at the beach and getting to know this little guy better..meet Van (not Nick..we already know him)!


Everyone met up for dinner and of course we took advantage of the photo-op out back of the restaurant!  Almost everyone..Joe and Breanne are on the right..so glad we got to meet you both!!


Cousins!

Kind-of Siblings (shout out to the leg pop):

Patty and Stu..so happy :) Patty loved having us all there:

me and clay :)

Easter weekend definitely holds special meaning for us..sometimes I wish we made as big of a deal out of Easter as we do for Christmas.  I have to admit I like getting to pick out an Easter dress and filling Easter baskets but how can I not be overwhelmed when I realize the love that was shown from the Cross.  Christ gave everything..withheld nothing.  He sacrificed on the cross so that we could gain eternal life through Him.  I don't like to even let myself think about the pain that Jesus went through on the cross, and He actually experienced it.  I'm so thankful to have a husband that leads me in Christ and a family that shares in our belief in Christ. 

Here is a pic from Easter morning and then a quick one of our first Easter baskets married :)

No comments:

Post a Comment