diy knot

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bunny Cake Walk

I hadn't been able to see my family since Christmas so this visit was long overdue!  Mom and Dad came out for a quick visit the weekend before Easter and the visit was once again filled with pawn shops and trains!!!  I really don't like being so far from them..I have to be honest..I think they get just a little more gray hair each time I see them; neither seems to be losing any hair..just graying.  But it never fails that Dad will always want to find one more pawn shop to look at so they're also not slowing down any!



Even though our visits are short, I know these quick trips are making lasting memories.  So for Christmas, Clay and I were trying to get my dad a train DVD.  Well to make a long story short, it didnt work out so we gave him a "coupon" to pick one out and then we would order it..you know how parents are with that..they aren't going to ask directly for a gift.  So one evening in Target, instead of coming out with cute shoes or a random home decoration, we found and bought a 4-disc train dvd set that had hours and hours of trains in each season.  This was a huge find!!  We gave it to Dad when they came out and our weekend was filled with scenery and the sound of a train going by (..take that noisy smoky neighbors!!!).  Eventually Mom came up with the ingenious idea of muting but before that, this is Clay dealing with the ongoing train DVD's:


Anyway, we had a good weekend.  I hope I can learn to serve the way my mom does.  I get so tired of doing dishes and cooking food and refilling plates and doing more dishes..and I've only been at it a year.  She silently challenges me to be a better wife and someday mom.  And she happily puts up with train DVD's..for a while anyway..

Here are a few more pictures from our walk around the park..and the kind of creepy bunny cake.  Thanks Mom and Dad for coming out!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment