diy knot

Monday, June 13, 2011

we love each other

Just a quick post to show one of my favorite crafts so far!!!  I made this a while ago for our bedroom and just haven't gotten around to showing it.  Back in January I discovered a little quilt shop about 35 minutes from where we live that carries Amy Butler fabric in the store (if you aren't familiar with Amy Butler..this is a fabric line you can't find at Joanne's so finding a store that carries her is a big deal!!!).  I had wanted to instantly buy some of the fabric just because it's so pretty and girly and fun but decided to hold off until I had a reason for some..which brings me to this project :)



Don't laugh at the way the bed is made:

This is a close-up of my favorite letter in the sign.  I just like the way it turned out with the pattern on the fabric:

This was easier to make than expected.  I got the idea from this pattern on Amy Butler's website but I modified it quite a bit.  In a nutshell: I cut out the letters from computer paper, pinned them onto the (freshly ironed) fabric, cut around the letter the best I could, sewed the letters onto the background fabric (used a neutral color for the L,V, and E, and a bright pink around the O), layed the fabric onto a canvas, glued the edges, tucked the corners in neatly and glued those down as well.  Walah!

No comments:

Post a Comment