diy knot

Sunday, February 6, 2011

doddfest?

My workplace is pretty good about offering social activities for the employees and their families.  With clay and I lacking in the social department, we tend to look forward to these activities as it puts something on the calendar.  The big cheese at my company hosts what they call "DoddFest" every summer.  It's a large gathering combined of neighbors, friends, family, company employees, and anyone else they want to include.  Having never been to DoddFest before, Clay and I were most intrigued by the claim that the Bubble Man would be there..not to mention an ice cream truck. 

I have to include DoddFest in the blog as it is unlike a party we've ever been to before.  Below is the Bubble Man..a bit of a disappointment but we're still fans:


Yes, I realize we are slightly older than most viewers of the Bubble Man.  The magician was much more impressive that happened later.  Anyway, the rumors of an ice cream truck were true..be sure to make note of the snake woman that was also an exhibit for the party:


Finally, there were a couple competitive aspects to DoddFest which of course we felt the need to participate in..there we're prizes and we are always up for free stuff!  I can only wish we had pictures of the egg toss that we came in second in.  My boss still likes to re-live the fact that Clay and I came in second in the egg toss in front of hundreds of people at the company dinner.  I suppose it's a good thing that he remembers, but I hope to be remembered for more than an egg toss eventually :).  We'll top off this post with Clay's bubble blowing competition..the results really aren't the important part, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment