diy knot

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Apples to Apples is the Worst Game

Sooo, we're getting there!  We are officially into September with posts..woohoo!  The summer and fall are definitely upstate New York's finer times and we took advantage of one weekend to go apple picking!  I think I have only been apple picking one other time in college and let me tell you..a floor of college girls going apple picking means apple desserts, breads, cheesecakes (Jen the RA!), and anything else apple for months!  For this apple picking trip, Clay kept me down to earth on the amount of apples that we would actually use.  It's probably best that he limited my take-home amount, but I have to be honest and say that I wanted more apples after we used all of ours because I love homemade apple sauce..or in my case, homemade apple chunks with a little sauce.

The apple festival that we went to was only about 15 minutes away..and we actually didn't get any apples there.  We did however get our picture with some huge pumpkins:

 I think that's about all we have for pictures from the festival..it was your typical festival with carnival rides, apple fritters, apple donuts, tent after tent of crafts, cider tasting, stick your head in an apple photo boards, and even flu shots.

A couple shots of us actually picking the apples and that's about all we have for this post:



In closing, a note on Apples to Apples the game: we really don't like it and do in fact believe it is one of the worst games..for real.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you about the game - we must be related or something! :)

    ReplyDelete